To develop a shared understanding of SDG4-Education 2030 aspirations and commitments and to examine their implications for E-9 countries.
- In what way does the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development encourage a revisiting of the purpose of education and its contribution to the various dimensions of development?
- What are the key features and commitments of SDG4-Education 2030 and their implications for national education legislation, policy, planning, financing, management, coordination, and monitoring in the E-9 countries?
- What part of the unfinished EFA 2015 agenda needs to remain a focus as we look ahead to 2030? What are the lessons learnt from the EFA and MDG experience?
To review the measures taken by each of the E-9 countries to align national education development efforts with SDG4 aspirations and commitments.
- What actions are underway to better align national education development efforts with SDG4-Education 2030 targets and commitments?
- What specific measures are being taken to enhance integrated policy and planning both vertically between levels of educational decision-making, as well as horizontally between the education sector and other development sectors?
- How can national education evaluation and assessment systems be improved to monitor efforts to enhance the quality and relevance, and to ensure a more equitable social distribution of learning outcomes?
To agree on modalities for strengthened cooperation and partnerships between E-9 countries around common priorities:
- How can the E-9 network contribute better to education progress within the partner countries and globally, e.g. through peer learning and joint work of common interest?
- To what extent can the main education challenges of the E-9 group be addressed through cooperation and partnership within the group?
- How can efforts to achieve SDG4 in E-9 countries be financed?
- How can these efforts contribute to the wider Education 2030 coordination mechanisms at both regional and global levels, including in relation to the role of E-9 representative in the SDG4-Education 2030 Steering Committee?